How can I lower my assessment?
A real property owner may file a complaint on real property assessment application (RP-524) to challenge their assessment. The filing period begins February 1st through the 3rd Tuesday of February each year. Applications must be received in the assessment office on or before by the close of business on the 3rd Tuesday of February. Applications are available in the assessment department office or online.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find out who is the owner of a certain property?
2. How can I lower my assessment?
3. What tax exemptions are applicable to the Village tax and when is the filing period?
4. What is my market value?
5. What is the residential assessment ratio (RAR)?
6. What is the equalization rate?
7. Is there a listing of vacant or foreclosed properties?
8. What do I have to do to notify the assessment department of a ownership or tax billing change?
9. Why is my county / town assessment different from my village assessment?