Village Offices will be open today, Wednesday, March 15, 2017. Our Department of Public Works will continue to work to clear snow with their fleet of 25 plow trucks, 6 salt spreaders, 5 pay loaders and wheel loaders. To increase your safety and aid in snow removal, we are asking you to stay off the roads and park all cars in driveways, for as long as possible. Please keep in mind that plows will be working for the duration of the storm and for several hours after the snow stops. When shoveling out driveways or parked cars on the street, please shovel and pile snow onto the area between the curb and sidewalk, not in the street.
Due to the cold weather forecast for the next few days, secondary roads may be slick until temperatures rise, so please drive with caution and stay off the roads whenever possible. Your safety is our priority. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.If you would like to report a non-emergency matter please call our VillageLine at 516-478-6333. Be sure to check this site for information on road closures or any special announcements. Please keep in mind the following cautions:
For the latest information on weather conditions or power outages please check the following resources:
Nassau County Office of Emergency Management
Weather Updates – for the latest local weather updates
PSEG – To report a power outage or to get the latest update on service restoration:
• To report downed wires or power outages, customers should call PSEG Long Island’s Customer Service line at 1-800-490-0075
• Once registered, report power outages by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454)
*To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
• Check for updates using our outage map at https://www.psegliny.com/c.cfm/Outage
• Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for restoration progress. Do not report outages through our social media pages
• Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Please visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Sesame to learn about the PSEG and Sesame Street App “Let’s Get Ready: Planning Together for Emergencies”
• Watch our YouTube videos at https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/StormCenter for tips on how to prepare your family and how power is restored after a storm.
Nice Bus – For updates on bus schedules and current conditions:
LIRR - For the latest information on train schedules and possible delays:
VillageLine: For all non-emergency issues/concerns call 516-478-6333. Click here to download the VillageLine App now!
For EMERGENCIES call 911