Trustee Jeffery Daniels
Elected Village Trustee in March 2018, Jeffery J. Daniels is “Hempstead’s Son.” The community elected him to revitalize Hempstead and his message is clear: “Hempstead First. Hempstead Forward. Hempstead Now.”
Jeff grew up walking to Marshall Elementary School, riding his bike down Nassau Parkway, and playing basketball at Lincoln Park. He also played basketball for the Salvation Army where he accepted the coveted Julius Erving Award.
Jeff earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Hampton University and an MBA in Business Management from Bloomsburg University.
Jeff has spent a large part of his career working to provide, and maintain, affordable housing for thousands of households across the nation. During his 13-year tenure at AIG, Jeff invested and asset managed more than $7 Billion of multifamily real estate, spanning over 38,000 units in more than 20 states.
Jeff plans to bring his business acumen to Hempstead. He envisions a village where local parks flourish with activities for children and services for seniors; small business owners can secure space and leadership produces a clear vision and neighbors work together to bring the vision to life.
Jeff’s community activities include:
- Executive Committee Member of the National Multifamily Housing Council
- Sustaining Member of the Urban Land Institute
- Member of the ULI Multifamily Green Council
- Member Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated
- Trustee Board member of Friends Academy
- Board member of Community Development Corporation of Long Island
- Active member, and former trustee, of Union Baptist Church
Jeff is the proud father of three children.